The Aromatic Bean, Home Coffee Roasting Equipment and Supplies
http://www.thearomaticbean.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Life with Poop

It seems here lately that my life is dominated by poop. Baby poop!

Episode #1
I was getting Camden ready for his bath Saturday evening and saw that he appeared a little constipated---you know, little nuggets everywhere! So as I was taking off the offending diaper, I hear a slight THUD hit the floor. I knew immediately what it was, BUT COULDN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE!!

So there I was with a naked boy, an offending diaper in my hand and looking everywhere for this little nugget o' poo. I called in Danny with a flashlight to find the little jewel. He looked everywhere...under the bed, under the baby bed, under the dresser and side table---NOTHING! Now, I KNOW I heard something hit the ground...and I am a clean freak....and when it comes to excrement---welllll.....I freak out anyway!

So, I told Danny to keep looking and went to put Camden in the bathtub. As I was putting him in, I happened to look down at the bottom of my shoe......

GUESS WHAT....I found it!! And it wasn't little by any means at all. It looked similar to a cow patty! And I slowly realized that I had been tracking this ALL OVER MY CARPET! I started hollering for Danny to help me. He and Camden just ended up laughing at me...I threw my tennis shoes away (IT WAS SO DISGUSTING!!! And I am NOT going to scrape little boy cow patties out of the many grooves of a tennis shoe!). Then I got every cleaner, scrubber, deoderizer, AND disinfectant known in the free world and went to work scrubbing down and cleaning the carpet.

I ended up with a very clean carpet and an adversion to poop nuggets.


Episode #2

Was sitting in Jury Duty when I got a call that Camden was sick....of course, I immediately thought of Episode #1.

So I picked him up and he threw up and had diarrhea for the rest of the day Monday. Tuesday, he had stopped vomiting but had this awful diarrhea for most of the day. Today, he had a few loose stools and only threw up when I gave him a cup of milk.

I don't think I've changed that many diapers in one day!! IT WAS AWFUL---he has this really bad diaper rash and when I starting taking him back to get his diaper changed, he starts screaming and crawling up my shoulder. It made my stomach just cringe!!

Actually, he acts like he feels a bit better today. He is not so clingy---Monday and Tuesday, I held him ALL DAY LONG! He looked so pathetic! I convinced Danny's grandparents to watch him half a day so that I could go to work and start cleaning out my desk and start tying things up.

I called the doctor and told her of Episode #1--but she seems to think it was just a stomach virus.

BUT, I am renting a Carpet Doctor just to be on the safe side. I totally PARANOID about it now!!

1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Cole's been sick too. He threw up at the dinner table last night. No fun at all. Have you ever tried Bag Balm for the diaper rash? It's actually a cream for cow's utters, but it works wonders on the diaper rash. That's all I ever use on Cole, and it almost always clears it up overnight. I use Aquaphor on Harper (which is really good too), but that's mostly because she has delicate girl parts, ya know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home