The Aromatic Bean, Home Coffee Roasting Equipment and Supplies
http://www.thearomaticbean.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Well people -

I think my husband officially freaked out last night!! I was feeding Camden (he is learning to self feed and is REALLY MESSY!!) and I was making chicken salad (did I mention, when I work in the kitchen, I am messy too!). When we both finished our respective tasks, it pretty much looked like a bomb exploded in the kitchen. Food everywhere, dishes here to there, etc, etc, etc. Anyway, I had to give Camden a bath because it was getting close to his bedtime and left the kitchen in a mess (to return to later and clean up!! I am a neat freak at heart!).

I guess Danny couldn't stand looking at the mess for a single minute! While I was giving Cam a bath, I heard him in the kitchen just a gritching! AND CLEANING!! It was stressful, but now at least I have a really clean kitchen!

The chicken salad is excellent (for those who like apples and walnuts). Here is the recipe!

Chicken, shredded (I get the Tyson chicken that is fully cooked & all you have to do is heat it up)
2 large celery ribs, chopped
2 green apples
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup mayo
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
salt & pepper to taste

Combine chicken, celery, apples & walnuts. Add mayo, a little at a time, just enough to join the ingredients. Add the lime juice & vinegar, salt & pepper, tasting to make sure the proportions are to your liking.

ADDITIONAL: I like halving an avocado and slicing the inside up (but leaving it in the skin) and topping the avocado with the chicken salad. It is so good and another way to get a serving of veggies!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home